The Team Manager(s) is/are responsible for organizing the team, and communicating between the coach, team parents, and the Board of Directors. This individual(s) are to handle logistics during the season so that coaches can primarily spend time coaching.
A general overview of responsibilities include:
• Attend Central Texas High School Lacrosse League meetings. These are held telephonically/Zoom call, so need to drive to Austin.
• Use the website email and text system to communicate with families, coaches on important details of the season and updates as needed;
• Be the liaison between coaches, player and families;
• Maintain the updated schedule of practices and games on the website;
• Distribute game schedule to the team and send reminders
• Maintain updated roster and contact information
• Although not required to attend every practice, its encouraged so as to be available for parents/players/coaches;
• Occasionally stay at the field until all players have left or been picked up;
• Check that lacrosse goals are put away at the end of practice from time to time;
• Make sure medical kit is available during practices
• Distribute uniforms as needed
• Provide information of issues between player/parents/coaches to the attention of the Board of Directors as needed for resolution
• Solicit other volunteers assistance with practice/game/program activities;
• Set up Post-Game Drinks program, if desired